Subject: Re: bug#36680: 27.0.50; undo-tree visualizer flickering with display-buffer-reuse-frames -> t

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 04:38:24 +0200

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't know why 'undo-tree' apparently insists on switching to its
> buffer here but if you put it on another frame you have to live with
> the fact that that frame will be raised.

I think you didn't understand what I tried to describe.  I attach a
video demonstration (hope that works).

I don't put the visualizer to another frame, that's not the case and not
the problem.

It's the visualizer that looks if the buffer is displayed not only in
the current frame, but also in another frame, and raises this other
frame when there is one.

> I think you should make a special rule for 'display-buffer' to not
> display the undo tree on a separate frame.

As said, this is not the problem.

> Note also that 'display-buffer-reuse-frames' is an obsolete variable.

I think also other settings could lead to this effect.

Thanks,

Michael.