Subject: bug#36678: 27.0.50; imenu not working in C++ (maybe because of namespace)

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2019 22:24:29 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Sorry, I guess I should have provided more details.  When I say
  > "server" I mean in the traditional sense, of a background process
  > running on your local system.  I don't mean "service", as in Internet
  > service.

That makes a big moral difference.
There is nothing wrong about running free software in a daemon process.

However, the word "server" is traditionally used for programs to be
contacted over the network.  For the programs that run in the
background and are contacted from the same machine, the usual term is
"daemon".

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)