Subject: Re: bug#36678: 27.0.50; imenu not working in C++ (maybe because of namespace)

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 23:01:17 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > What I'm suggesting is that we may consider it OK for cc-mode to make
  > simplifying assumptions about the structure of the code it uses to
  > provide some basic indexing capability for imenu (such as, functions
  > start in column 1).

That is the approach I have used since the start.

  >   And then suggest that for users who have more
  > complex requirements (for example their code cannot meet these
  > simplifying assumptions) that they should investigate more
  > sophisticated setups based on LSP (or whatever they like).

Instead of giving up, let's design additional simplifying conventions.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)