Subject: bug#36674: Sort Suggestion

From: Marshall Lake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 11:42:01 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

Even though this isn't a bug, I was asked to send the following to this 
email address.

Re:  SORT Command from GNU coreutils 8.25

A suggestion for an additional option to the SORT command is to ignore 
non-alphanumeric characters.

As an example, in attempting to sort an index ...

Abbott, William                        259

sorts before:

Abbot, William                         099

If non-alphanumeric characters were ignored then the same two records
would sort as:

Abbot, William                         099
Abbott, William                        259

Thanks for reading.

-- 
Marshall Lake -- [email-masked] -- http://www.mlake.net