Subject: bug#36667: crates-io.scm packages should build on master

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 16:21:42 -0700

Hi Giacomo,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a patch!

[email-masked] writes:

> Rust libraries contained in gnu/packages/crates-io.scm are not
> building anymore because cargo wants to download crate dependencies
> inside the store.

Curious!  I wonder when this changed.

> The attached patch sets the CARGO_HOME environment variable  to "."
> much earlier than it previously was, just after the configure
> phase. With the attached patch all packages in crates-io.scm build
> without errors.
>
> I hope I did everything right,

Unfortunately, your patch does not apply cleanly to the current tip of
the master branch (d1e766e5c6b9e25ff0fa8e0a2adf3e764401a3a2).  Could you
please tell me what commit or branch it applies against, or send a new
patch that applies cleanly to the current tip of the master branch?

Thank you,

-- 
Chris