Subject: Minor bug/inconsistency in ls command

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 09:01:42 +0200

Hi,

I am using ls from the cureutils 8.31 on arch linux (5.2.0 x86_64) and
think it has a bug/inconsistant in printing an file type indicator (-F) 
while using the long listing format (-l).

If I use `ls -F ~` I get the following output:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Desktop/    Downloads/	Nextcloud/  Pictures/  Templates/  Workspace/
Documents/  Music@	OneDrive/   Public/    Videos/

As the Music directory in ~ is a symbolic link to another folder an @
is appended.

But when using `ls -Fl ~` the output is
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
total 40
drwxr-xr-x  2 rxo users 4096  8. Jul 07:34 Desktop/
drwxr-xr-x  2 rxo users 4096  1. Jun 11:44 Documents/
drwxr-xr-x  5 rxo users 4096 12. Jul 12:04 Downloads/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 rxo users   15  8. Jul 08:07 Music -> OneDrive/Music//
drwxr-xr-x 19 rxo users 4096  9. Jul 15:00 Nextcloud/
drwxr-xr-x  6 rxo users 4096 18. Jun 14:45 OneDrive/
drwxr-xr-x  3 rxo users 4096 11. Jul 13:30 Pictures/
drwxr-xr-x  2 rxo users 4096 10. Jul 16:01 Public/
drwxr-xr-x  2 rxo users 4096 10. Jul 16:01 Templates/
drwxr-xr-x  2 rxo users 4096 10. Jul 16:01 Videos/
drwxr-xr-x 17 rho users 4096 10. Jul 14:58 Workspace/

As you can see the @ symbol is missing and instead there is an
additional "/" appended to the corresponding entry. I think this is
inconsistant and confusing. 

I would expect to see this line:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
lrwxrwxrwx  1 rxo users   15  8. Jul 08:07 Music@ -> OneDrive/Music/

or alternatively:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
lrwxrwxrwx  1 rxo users   15  8. Jul 08:07 Music -> OneDrive/Music/@

but I would prefer the first suggestion.