Subject: Re: bug#36649: 27.0.50; pure space and pdumper

From: Pip Cet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 15:03:55 +0000

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:14 AM Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >>>>> On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 03:58:29 +0000, Pip Cet <[email-masked]> said:
>
>     Pip> On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 8:20 PM Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> wrote:
>     Pip> Can you try again with this incremental patch?
>     >>
>     >> I offer two alternatives, both of which build and run:
>
>     Pip> Oops, sorry. I think the second alternative might break
>     Pip> live_vector_holding, though?
>
> OK. Hereʼs hoping no other code in emacs tries to create a 0-length
> vector :-)

By modifying header.size? That would be a problem. (I'd say no one
should ever do it, but I'd actually like to suggest it for hash
tables...)

>     Pip> Attaching an updated patch.
>
> I put this on top of it. The result builds, runs, and is sending this
> email.

Hmm. Apparently I'm building without XPM? I should investigate that.

Anyway, there's another make_hash_table in emacs-module.c, but I think
that's it.