Subject: bug#36649: 27.0.50; pure space and pdumper

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 06:35:46 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,
>>         [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>>         [email-masked], Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>,
>>         [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 21:23:10 +0000
>> 
>> > So, yes, I'd misunderstood Eli and thought he had objections to this
>> > patch; if he doesn't, we should look into fixing the native-comp parts
>> > and apply it :-)
>> 
>> Right, if you like me to have a look to the native-comp side would be
>> handy to have this patch pushed as a git branch on our repo.
>
> I'm not sure what native-comp has to do with this: AFAIK native-comp
> doesn't support unexec at all, so any unexec build will not have
> native compilation enabled.

Yes is not unexec related, native comp classifies immediates that
originally went into pure space or not before hash consing then in order
to retain compatibility.  We should just remove this distinction if we
remove pure space.

  Andrea