Subject: Re: bug#36649: 27.0.50; pure space and pdumper

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 21:52:31 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 20:48:28 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Someone built the master branch with unexec just a few days ago, see
> >
> >   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-05/msg00060.html
> 
> That's on Windows, though, and I seem to recall you fixing unexec on
> Windows a couple weeks ago?

I worked with him to fix it, yes.  But the problem and the fix were
not Windows specific, AFAIR.  I guess there's more, and perhaps it
happens only on systems which don't use mmap for buffer text.  I will
try to take a look when I have time.