Subject: Re: bug#36649: 27.0.50; pure space and pdumper

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 20:28:53 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],
>   [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 19:11:21 +0200
> 
> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I thought the question was not directly relevant because removal of the
> > pure space does not imply removing unexec.
> 
> It just makes unexec Emacs a little less efficient?  In which case I say
> we should just ignore the issue and apply the patch.

Keeping unexec doesn't mean breaking it .  If we believe someone might
need that configuration, then we should give them a full-fledged
Emacs, not a crippled one.

The patch can easily be tweaked to make the changes conditioned by
HAVE_PDUMPER, so I believe there's no need to argue about this nit:
let's simply remove purespace from the pdumper builds, and leave it
alone in the unexec builds.