Subject: Re: bug#36649: 27.0.50; pure space and pdumper

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 17:53:14 +0100

>> I think Emacs already assumes Qnil == 0, since there are places that
 >> use ! to check for Qnil rather than using NILP.
 >
 > Those are bugs that need to be fixed.  Fast.

Here this would get me

../../src/window.c: In function ‘select_window’:
../../src/window.c:535:7: error: wrong type argument to unary exclamation mark
    if (!norecord || EQ (norecord, Qmark_for_redisplay))
        ^

or

   CC       window.o
../../src/window.c: In function ‘select_window’:
../../src/window.c:535:17: error: invalid operands to binary == (have ‘Lisp_Object’ {aka ‘struct Lisp_Object’} and ‘int’)
    if ((norecord == false) || EQ (norecord, Qmark_for_redisplay))
                  ^~

so I cannot imagine that we really had such bugs.  Unless you mean Lisp
variables explicitly defined via DEFVAR_BOOL.

martin