Subject: [bug#36638] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add websocketpp.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 18:31:21 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Hello,
>
> [email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze) skribis:
>
>> * gnu/packages/web.scm (websocketpp): New variable.

[...]

> Applied, thanks!

Actually no!  :-)

On closer inspection, the file layout is also fishy:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ find /gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/lib
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/lib/cmake
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/lib/cmake/websocketpp
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/lib/cmake/websocketpp/websocketpp-configVersion.cmake
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/lib/cmake/websocketpp/websocketpp-config.cmake
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/bin
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/bin/test_processor_hybi00
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/bin/test_sha1
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/bin/test_transport_iostream_base
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/bin/test_transport_asio_timers
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/bin/test_processor_hybi08
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/bin/test_transport
/gnu/store/rm6a4v8m8plzskjmig2vmly91qxl4z8q-websocketpp-0.8.1/bin/test_utilities
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

All of bin/ should be removed I think, because these look like unit
tests, no?

Also, there’s no .so or .a file, but that’s because it’s a header-only
library, right?

Thanks,
Ludo’.