Subject: Re: bug#36634: Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager)

From: Miguel Arruga Vivas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 01:53:33 +0100

Hi Chris,

Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> writes:
> With the patch you submitted upstream (not the patches you attached to
> your previous email here), I can confirm the issue is fixed for me,
> and that I do NOT observe the errors you mentioned above.

Sorry, I did not send the email here.

> I see the patch was incorporated into Guix master in commit
> aa1f0896fb15a0bdcc5474839c8afdbb2520d603.  That is good, and I think
> this issue can be resolved.  If nobody follows up in a few days' time,
> let's close the bug report.

I created 38032 on guix-patches and Ludo’ applied them.

> Regarding your other patch in this thread to find the "ip" program at
> run-time, could you open a new bug report or patch (via
> [email-masked]) for that?

It was included in that patchset and it was unrelated, yes.  On
master it's commit 2dfb9ba406.

> It seems unrelated to the issue at hand.

I've been using the patches now on master this week and I have a really
annoying problem: the mouse is drawn on top of the vm screen.  This
one is unrelated too, so I should open a new bug, maybe to
virt-manager...

> Thank you for your help,

Thank you too, as you reported upstream and provided a great test
environment, which will help them to test my solution or find better
ones. :)

Happy hacking!
Miguel