Subject: Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager)

From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 01:06:55 -0400

Hello Guix!

Unable to create any VMs by installing from any ISO file.

The virt-manager gives out the following error:

Unable to complete install: 'Unable to read from
'/sys/fs/cgroup/unified/machine/cgroup.controllers': No such file or
directory'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/gnu/store/r2l62bg0ayh22pkgs0jm9ig8q8n7daql-virt-manager-
2.1.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 75, in
cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/gnu/store/r2l62bg0ayh22pkgs0jm9ig8q8n7daql-virt-manager-
2.1.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 2122, in
_do_async_install
    guest.installer_instance.start_install(guest, meter=meter)
  File "/gnu/store/r2l62bg0ayh22pkgs0jm9ig8q8n7daql-virt-manager-
2.1.0/share/virt-manager/virtinst/installer.py", line 415, in
start_install
    doboot, transient)
  File "/gnu/store/r2l62bg0ayh22pkgs0jm9ig8q8n7daql-virt-manager-
2.1.0/share/virt-manager/virtinst/installer.py", line 358, in
_create_guest
    domain = self.conn.createXML(install_xml or final_xml, 0)
  File "/gnu/store/kcdnna2613in9xfm9gxjqvkisdns911v-python-libvirt-
5.5.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 3840, in createXML
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateXML() failed',
conn=self)
libvirt.libvirtError: Unable to read from
'/sys/fs/cgroup/unified/machine/cgroup.controllers': No such file or
directory

Regards,
RG.