Subject: bug#36634: closed (Re: bug#36634: ATTENTION REQUIRED)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 20:02:04 +0000

Your bug report

#36634: Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager)

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36634: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36634
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36634: ATTENTION REQUIRED
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 22:01:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice 写道：
>> Could anyone please update the libvirt package/service to this 
>> latest
>> build?
>
> I will do so swiftly since I updated libvirt to the 'broken' 
> version
> (although I never had any troubles like yours).  Thank you for
> reporting this upstream.

I have applied ‘your’ patch in 
41097b2dee9367974c6dd16ac1ba2ee945457237.

I'm closing this bug for now.  However, could you update and 
confirm that this actually solves the problem?

Kind regards,

T G-R

Subject: Virtual Machine Manager (virt-manager)
From: Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 01:06:55 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

Unable to create any VMs by installing from any ISO file.

The virt-manager gives out the following error:

Unable to complete install: 'Unable to read from
'/sys/fs/cgroup/unified/machine/cgroup.controllers': No such file or
directory'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/gnu/store/r2l62bg0ayh22pkgs0jm9ig8q8n7daql-virt-manager-
2.1.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 75, in
cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/gnu/store/r2l62bg0ayh22pkgs0jm9ig8q8n7daql-virt-manager-
2.1.0/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 2122, in
_do_async_install
    guest.installer_instance.start_install(guest, meter=meter)
  File "/gnu/store/r2l62bg0ayh22pkgs0jm9ig8q8n7daql-virt-manager-
2.1.0/share/virt-manager/virtinst/installer.py", line 415, in
start_install
    doboot, transient)
  File "/gnu/store/r2l62bg0ayh22pkgs0jm9ig8q8n7daql-virt-manager-
2.1.0/share/virt-manager/virtinst/installer.py", line 358, in
_create_guest
    domain = self.conn.createXML(install_xml or final_xml, 0)
  File "/gnu/store/kcdnna2613in9xfm9gxjqvkisdns911v-python-libvirt-
5.5.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 3840, in createXML
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateXML() failed',
conn=self)
libvirt.libvirtError: Unable to read from
'/sys/fs/cgroup/unified/machine/cgroup.controllers': No such file or
directory

Regards,
RG.