Subject: bug#36634: ATTENTION REQUIRED

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 21:36:23 +0200

Raghav,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 11:46 AM, Raghav Gururajan 
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hello Guix!
> 
> I posted the bug on libvirt mail list few days ago 
> (https://www.redhat.
> com/archives/libvir-list/2019-July/msg01309.html). It appears the bug
> has now been fixed 
> (https://github.com/libvirt/libvirt/commit/759bf903a
> 6c24a8efa25c7cf4b099d952eda9bd3).
> 
> Could anyone please update the libvirt package/service to this latest
> build?

I will do so swiftly since I updated libvirt to the 'broken' version 
(although I never had any troubles like yours).  Thank you for 
reporting this upstream.

A personal note: I find this new wave of 'ATTENTION REQUIRED' messages 
quite the opposite of motivating and pleasant.  I'm honestly not sure 
what result you expect from them.  I fear it may backfire.

You are very welcome to contribute patches yourself!  I don't mean 
'patches or GTFO', I mean 'please dive in, the water's great'.  The 
reviewers don't bite.  You don't need to be a programmmer; I'm not.

You've been part of our discussions for a while, you obviously care 
about Guix and Free software, and particularly about certain Gnome and 
'desktop-demographic' packages that are clearly under-maintained or 
even missing because we're missing people like you.  Learning to create 
and maintain them yourself is hardly more work than trying to herd 
volunteers like this -- and a hell of a lot more fun.

Kind regards,

T G-R