Subject: Re: [bug#36626] [PATCH] gnu: hg-evolve: added package

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 12:46:54 +0200

Hi Arne,

Arne Babenhauserheide <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/version-control.scm (hg-evolve): New package.

[...]

> +    (arguments
> +     `(;; Restrict to Python 2, as Python 3 would require
> +       ;; the argument --c2to3.
> +       #:python ,python-2

Still, if it can be built with Python 3, we should do that because
Python 2 is approaching EOL.

Where does that that ‘--c2to3’ flag has to be passed?

> +       ;; FIXME: Disabled tests because they require the nose unit
> +       ;; testing framework: https://nose.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ .
> +       #:tests? #f))

There’s a ‘python-nose’ package though; could we use it?

Thanks,
Ludo’.