Subject: Re: bug#36614: [email-masked]'s hash is incorrect.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 15:16:20 +0200

Pierre, Ivan,

Pierre Langlois wrote:
> From 
> https://static.rust-lang.org/dist/rustc-1.36.0-src.tar.gz...
> downloading from 
> https://static.rust-lang.org/dist/rustc-1.36.0-src.tar.gz...
>  rustc-1.36.0-src.tar.gz  147.5MiB 
>  1.6MiB/s 01:35 [##################] 100.0%
> sha256 hash mismatch for 
> /gnu/store/jm9xvf6qy4zxkb7rkmpz8ygf55l8v8v5-rustc-1.36.0-src.tar.gz:
>   expected hash: 
>   18r688ih4xi9m8gv55g1amb8inrwkdxp5fbcqb6i4gqxi90l3i0m
>   actual hash: 
>   06xv2p6zq03lidr0yaf029ii8wnjjqa894nkmrm6s0rx47by9i04

I get that too.

> Hopefully it's not unstable :-/.

Since release archives are signed that would imply some horrible 
things about their key management, so I doubt it very much.  I 
guess we'll find out.

I've gone ahead and pushed a fix since the signature checked out. 
I'm closing this bug for now...

However, I'd be interested to know what the previous hash 
described.  Do you still have that file around, Ivan?

Thanks,

T G-R