Subject: bug#36613: gdb: error on M-x menu-bar-open

From: "Dr. Ludwig Meier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 09:52:00 +0200

On tty/Ubuntu Terminal:

~$ emacs -Q
M-x gdb
Run gdb (like this): gdb -i=mi
M-x toggle-debug-on-error
M-x menu-bar-open

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp gud-print)
   popup-menu(gud-print (#<window 1 on *gud*> 2 (1 . 0) 0 nil 2 (1 . 0) 
nil (0 . 0) (1 . 0)) nil t)
   menu-bar-open()
   funcall-interactively(menu-bar-open)
   call-interactively(menu-bar-open record nil)
   command-execute(menu-bar-open record)
   execute-extended-command(nil "menu-bar-open" "menu-bar-open")
   funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "menu-bar-open" 
"menu-bar-open")
   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
   command-execute(execute-extended-command)

Many thanks to everybody,
Ludwig

In GNU Emacs 26.2.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
  of 2019-07-12 built on ludwig-UX305CA
System Description:	Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils term/xterm xterm
time-date elec-pair mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 100211 7190)
  (symbols 48 20352 1)
  (miscs 40 40 118)
  (strings 32 28540 1313)
  (string-bytes 1 748863)
  (vectors 16 12591)
  (vector-slots 8 460185 11450)
  (floats 8 54 666)
  (intervals 56 264 0)
  (buffers 992 12))