Subject: bug#36603: closed (Re: bug#36603: [PATCH] Simplify calling convention of describe_map)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 18:45:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36603: [PATCH] Simplify calling convention of describe_map

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36603: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36603
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36603: [PATCH] Simplify calling convention of describe_map
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 19:44:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Actually, maybe the patch is wrong (i.e., over-simplifying), because it
>> has describe_map start with a fresh seen pointer each time; but the
>> current code passes the same pointer to each describe_map call in a
>> loop.
>
> Thanks for that feedback.  I'll take another look and get back to you.

I think your analysis is correct Noam, and I'm working on a different
approach here, although this project is has been put on the
back-burner for now.  I'll get back into it once I can finish up some
other things first.

Thanks for taking the time to review this.  Closing this bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: [PATCH] Simplify calling convention of describe_map
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:34:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patch simplifies the calling convention of describe_map in
keymap.c.

The immediate motivation is to simplify a set of patches that I'm
preparing for Bug#8951 to rewrite substitute-command-keys in Lisp.
But I think this makes sense in any case.

(I'll send the patch in a separate message once this is assigned a bug
number.)

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas