Subject: Re: bug#36593: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil) when deleting char in C file

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 07:28:26 -0400

retitle 36593 (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil) when deleting char in C file
found 36593 26.2
tags 36593 fixed
close 36593 27.1
quit

Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Recipe from "emacs -Q":
>
> * Visit the attached file.
> * Try to delete the second character in line 2.

Seems to be fixed in master.  Here's the backtrace from emacs-26 for the
record:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
  c-forward-sws()
  c-forward-name()
  c-forward-declarator(nil)
  c-fl-decl-end(8)
  c-change-expand-fl-region(8 8 1)
  #f(compiled-function (fn) #<bytecode 0xe4814d>)(c-change-expand-fl-region)
  mapc(#f(compiled-function (fn) #<bytecode 0xe4814d>) (c-depropertize-new-text c-parse-quotes-after-change c-extend-font-lock-region-for-macros c-neutralize-syntax-in-CPP c-change-expand-fl-region))
  c-after-change(8 8 1)
  delete-char(1)
  c-electric-delete-forward(nil)
  funcall-interactively(c-electric-delete-forward nil)
  call-interactively(c-electric-delete-forward nil nil)
  command-execute(c-electric-delete-forward)