Subject: Re: bug#36591: 26.2; Term's pager seems broken

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 19:44:15 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Do you think the reversed check in set_process_filter_masks could cause
>>> bugs for sockets too then?
>>
>> Do you mean Unix domain socket?  Hm...  I don't think I follow...
>
> Not specifically, it's just that set_process_filter_masks is called in
> two places, connect_network_socket and Fset_process_filter.  We're only
> fixing the latter (in the release branch at least), so I was wondering
> whether there could be problems stemming from the connect_network_socket
> call.

Oh, right.

Hm...  the problem was really when you call `set-process-filter' more
than once?  I do not think connect_network_socket is called more than
once per process...  so I don't think it should be a problem?  But the
logic is rather difficult to follow.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no