Subject: bug#36591: 26.2; Term's pager seems broken

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:40:41 +0300

> From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 09:53:37 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Adam Bliss <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I hope that this is helpful in tracking down the bug.
> 
> Thanks for doing this, it was very helpful.  That commit looks like a
> pretty innocent refactoring, but it actually reverses the sense of the
> EQ (p->filter, Qt) check, because the pset_filter call is moved earlier.
> 
> So the bug can be fixed by adding a single '!'.  Eli, any chance of
> having this fix in the release branch?

I don't think I understand why the change fixes the bug, sorry.  Can
you tell in more detail?  Also, the same function is called in another
place, so what will this change do to that other caller?

And how come we lived with this bug for 3 years without having noticed
it?