Subject: Re: [bug#36562] downgrading ghc-ansi-terminal

From: Timothy Sample <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 10:37:11 -0400

Hi Robert and Jacob,

Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]> writes:

> A patch set to downgrade ghc-ansi-terminal to the stackage LTS
> version, to have a consistent package set. This also downgrades
> the recently added ghc-validation to version 1 from version 1.1.
>
> The problem with the current situation is that we have some
> packages depending on the updated ghc-ansi-terminal 0.9, and
> some depending on ghc-ansi-terminal 0.8. By themselves, they
> compile, but it’s now impossible to package modules that depend
> directly on packages from both sets.

I agree.  Thanks for keeping an eye on this.

> @Jacob: Would ghc-validation version 1 be sufficient for you
> purposes?

I’ve CC’ed Jacob on this message since they may not be subscribed to the
list.  Jacob, are you okay with this?

-- Tim