Subject: [bug#36555] [PATCH v4 1/3] guix system: Add 'reconfigure' module.

From: [email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 12:55:18 -0400

Hi Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> I wonder it we should just use
>
>   #~(begin (use-modules (guix build utils)) (invoke …))
>
> here and in other places.
>
> That’s probably better longer-term (for example when we switch to
> Guile 3, that could ease the transition since the right Guile would be
> used) but we can keep it this way and revisit it later.

I've been playing with this for a little while now, and I'm having
second thoughts regarding the use of 'invoke'. Any exceptions thrown in
the callee are swallowed into an '&invoke-error', so context for failure
in i.e. the activation script is lost. Also, does it really matter that
the "right" Guile is being used for the activation scripts if the daemon
is still going to be running the old Guile? WDYT?

Regards,
Jakob