Subject: [bug#36555] [PATCH v5 2/3] guix system: Reimplement 'reconfigure'.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 00:46:15 +0200

[email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze) skribis:

> [email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze) writes:
>
>> Whoops! It would definitely not be good to report "failed to install
>> bootloader" for unrelated issues. I'll look into moving the handling
>> into the call sites. Perhaps I can make a more general version of
>> 'with-shepherd-error-handling'?
>
> I ran a few experiments with the Monad API and realized that this is
> going to be far easier than I had originally thought. In fact, I've
> already made what I believe to be the necessary changes to the code, I
> just need to test it out. Expect the update to this patch to be done by
> tomorrow morning -- I'm having trouble staying awake at my keyboard.

Awesome.  Something along the lines of ‘with-shepherd-error-handling’
sounds great.

Thanks!

Ludo’.