Subject: Re: [bug#36555] [PATCH v5 2/3] guix system: Reimplement 'reconfigure'.

From: [email-masked] (Jakob L. Kreuze)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 20:06:44 -0400

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Note that on current master this should be:
>
>   (built-derivations (lowered-gexp-inputs lowered))
>

Ah, thank you. My feature branch is out of date again.

> My last grief for this patch series is exception handling above: it’s
> not good to report “failed to install bootloader” whatever the problem
> is. :-)
>
> Could we somehow move exception handling at the call sites? I know
> that monadic style makes it harder.

Whoops! It would definitely not be good to report "failed to install
bootloader" for unrelated issues. I'll look into moving the handling
into the call sites. Perhaps I can make a more general version of
'with-shepherd-error-handling'?

> The rest looks great, and congrats for being the first one to
> reconfigure with it! :-)

Heh, thanks! It was pretty exhilarating watching the output go by. I
didn't even do a system back-up beforehand because I was that confident
in it.

Regards,
Jakob