Subject: bug#36546: closed (Re: bug#36546: herd restart mcron appears to wipe /var/log/mcron.log)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 05:35:01 +0000

Your bug report

#36546: herd restart mcron appears to wipe /var/log/mcron.log

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36546: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36546
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#36546: herd restart mcron appears to wipe /var/log/mcron.log
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 01:33:58 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]> writes:

> It appears that old mcron log output is lost when the service is
> restarted. That’s not good.
>
> See also https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36510 for
> another issue related to mcron logging.

I couldn't reproduce this with current mcron (1.2.1).

Closing.

Thank you,

Maxim

Subject: herd restart mcron appears to wipe /var/log/mcron.log
From: Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 14:09:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It appears that old mcron log output is lost when the service is
restarted. That’s not good.

See also https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36510 for
another issue related to mcron logging.