Subject: Re: bug#36526: 26.2; Open diff at current location (feature request with suggested code)

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 13:59:25 +0200

Campbell Barton <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is a feature suggestion which I've written example code for
>
> `vc-root-diff` (or a new function), could jump to the closest line.
>
> This is useful since you move to the context of the current line.
>
> I've written code that does this,
> it would be useful if it was built into emacs.
>
> See: https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/51439/2418

Thanks for the feature suggestion.

I haven't looked at your code, but if we decided to use it, it seems
like a non-trivial change and would require you to sign copyright
papers.  You can find more information about copyright assignment
here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Copyright-Assignment.html

Would you be willing to do that?

If the answer to that is yes, could you please also submit your code
as a patch?  You can find more information on how to do that in the
CONTRIBUTE file in the emacs repository.  That would make it easier to
review and test your suggested changes.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas