Subject: Re: bug#36526: 26.2; Open diff at current location (feature request with suggested code)

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 02:02:09 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Would someone be able to check the code and see if it's going in the
>> right direction?
>
> OK, but see below.
>
>> >> This is a feature suggestion which I've written example code for
>> >>
>> >> `vc-root-diff` (or a new function), could jump to the closest line.
>> >>
>> >> This is useful since you move to the context of the current line.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what this code is supposed to do or how to
> use it. Could you please give a recipe for how to test it?

Hi Campbell,

Just to follow up on this, could you please provide instructions for
how to test your patch?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas