Subject: Re: bug#36525: M-x default when cursor on top of a M-x command in INFO

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2019 13:24:24 +0100

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:

> SK> I would guess that the more common use case is that you want to run a
> SK> command with another name than the text currently at point.
> OK, but these days (I've got ffap enabled) I already have the habit of
> moving the cursor off of anything that looks like a URL etc.

That this habit works for you does not mean that it should be imposed on
everyone else.

> I.e., these days the user should expect "smart suggestions"...

Does M-n not provide smart suggestions?

> with the price that if he wants a blank area where the suggestion
> would be, then he should "take his cursor elsewhere". But that would
> be more work then just holding down the DEL key to clean off the
> suggestion.

Yes, and I don't think it is warranted, so I think this report should be
closed as notabug/wontfix.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil