Subject: Re: bug#36519: System frequently suspending after logout

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 20:29:54 -0800

Hi Josh,

Josh Wheeler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Problem: GuixSD frequently suspends on user logout or after selecting
> "Log in as another user" from the lock screen.
>
> Occurs when returning to GDM from GNOME and i3 sessions on a fresh
> GuixSD install.
>
> Expected: System should allow user logout / switching without sleeping.
>
> Thanks!

I have observed this unwanted behavior as well.  It was briefly
discussed here, but no resolution was reached:

"Computer suspends even when I tell it not to"
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-06/msg00134.html

Could this issue actually be the same issue that is described in the
following email thread?

"Who is sending my Guix System to sleep?"
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-09/msg00172.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-10/msg00213.html

In the second email, Jack Hill describes a potential work-around.  I
wonder if it might also work for the issue described in this bug report?

-- 
Chris