Subject: [bug#36513] texlive-union: Build missing font maps.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 22:47:11 +0200

Hi Ludo,

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>>>>From 11900d109a617d07e0085a25e747da76fcb12c2e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>> From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2019 17:48:45 +0200
>> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: texlive-union: Build font maps.
>>
>> * gnu/packages/tex.scm (texlive-union)[arguments]: Execute updmap to generate
>> missing font maps.
>> [native-inputs]: Add coreutils, sed, and updmap.cfg.
>
> I’m blissfully ignorant about TeX’s font maps, but I can say that this
> fixes a warning about missing font maps that I had when using a
> ‘texlive-union’ as a package input.
>
> Now, that probably leads to a big rebuild.  Can we estimate the number
> of dependents?

In addition to this change I just pushed to wip-texlive a number of
changes that may lead to an even bigger number of rebuilds due to
changes in the svn fetcher and even more TeX packages.

(I noticed that the branch name “wip-texlive” was already taken by the
attempt to add a new importer, so I just cherry-picked that commit and
replaced the branch.)

I don’t know yet if it leads to practical improvements for users, but at
least it greatly simplifies the definition of texlive-* packages.

I have yet to double check the often unclear licenses of the
texlive-hyphen-* packages.  Other than that and the WIP commit by Pierre
at the tip I think these changes are very close to their final form.

--
Ricardo