Subject: Re: bug#36510: confusing mcron logging

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 20:53:03 -0400

Hello Robert and Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Robert Vollmert <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Suggestions:
>> - mcron should log the timestamp and a job id of every job when it starts
>> - mcron should log the timestamp and status and job id of every job when it finishes
>> - job output should be prefixed by some job id
>
> +1!  +3 even.  :-)

I've sent a patch upstream that implements all of the above [0].  I've
been using it on my system, it works well so far!  I'm also keeping this
work in a public Notabug git repo [1].

Hopefully it gets merged and Guix System can reap the benefits :-).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Maxim

[0]  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-mcron/2021-08/msg00005.html
[1]  https://notabug.org/apteryx/mcron