Subject: Re: bug#36505: 26.1; GDB stepping through code splits GUD windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:55:55 +0300

> From: Martin Sebor <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 09:13:53 -0600
> 
> I am trying to reproduce it in a small test case but I'm all of
> a sudden having trouble.  What's happening instead is that syntax
> highlighting and indentation don't work in in some regions of code
> but they work in others.  All the problems, including the window
> resizing and files popping open in dedicated windows feel like they
> have something to do with custom faces.  My setting is below.
> Changing the font seems to have an effect (I'm just not sure
> exactly what it is for which font).

That is very strange indeed.  What is the major mode in the buffers
where you see the problems with highlighting and indentation?  If
there are some minor modes turned on there, please also tell what are
they.

The only font-related customization in what you show is the one that
use DejaVu Sans Mono as your default font.  Is that the font that you
said makes a difference when you replace it with another?

Also, do you see the problems with highlighting and indentation during
debugging with only the settings of faces that you show, and nothing
else in your init files?  Or are there more settings in effect when
the problems happen?

> My GUD frame isn't maximized.  Its geometry is set to 164x94 in
> .Xresources.  My display is 3840x2160 in case that matters, and
> my window manager is Cinnamon.

OK.

> I'll keep trying to narrow it down to something more specific.

Thanks.