Subject: Re: bug#36499: 26.2.90; file-error spinner-1.7.3.el, Bad Request

From: Brady Trainor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 23:35:15 -0700

Hello Lars,

On Mon, Jul 08 2019, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> So basically you're getting "400 Bad Request" from ELPA.  This wasn't
> just a bad network connection?  The FSF moved their servers the other
> week -- are you still seeing these problems?

No. Please note, (package-install 'lsp-java) gets the error, but not
(package-install 'spinner).

I have some adjustments to the previous recipe that seem to give me the
error 100% of the time now.

Dockerfile:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
FROM silex/emacs

ADD .emacs.d /root/.emacs.d

ARG ANY_VAR=unknown

RUN emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs.d/init.el

WORKDIR /root/
CMD "bash"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

.emacs.d/init.el:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(setq debug-on-error t)

(setq package-archives
      '(("gnu" . "https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/")
        ("melpa" . "https://melpa.org/packages/")))

(package-initialize)

(unless package-archive-contents
  (package-refresh-contents))

(package-install 'lsp-java)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

docker command:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
docker build . --build-arg ANY_VAR=$(date +%s) -t this:one && docker run --rm -it this:one
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So the INCUBATOR_VER has been added to ensure starting emacs as if it's
the first time each time.

Thank you,

-Brady