Subject: bug#36487: Evaluations do not complete since commit c30d117822a8ca26cd8c06c0a3974955bef68eac

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 20:10:37 +0200

I pushed a workaround as e79281be105b16153c375af5506db31fd1e32698,
though more work is still needed to fully understand what’s happening.

Note that you can test things like this:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ./pre-inst-env guile
GNU Guile 2.2.5
Copyright (C) 1995-2019 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Guile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `,show w'.
This program is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `,show c' for details.

Enter `,help' for help.
scheme@(guile-user)> ,use(guix store)
scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (gnu ci) (ice-9 match))
scheme@(guile-user)> (define store (open-connection))
scheme@(guile-user)> (define jobs  (hydra-jobs store '((systems "x86_64-linux" "i686-linux"))))
evaluating for 'x86_64-linux' (heap size: 35.0 MiB)...
random seed for tests: 1562154761
evaluating for 'i686-linux' (heap size: 467.0 MiB)...
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Ludo’.