Subject: Re: bug#36478: 26.2; Doc strings with "This function has a compiler macro..." and "This function does not change global state"

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 21:35:16 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Yes, obviously; I realize that.  "We" (someone)
  > created and added the code that does that.  And "we"
  > (someone) added the descriptions of `define-inline'
  > etc. to the manual.  However "automatic", none of
  > this fell from the sky.

I agree with your point, but that is a harsh way to put it.  Would you
please make an effort to express your points in a kind way?  See
https://gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html.

In addition to helping people generally feel better,
it could predispose others to be more receptive to your
substantial points.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)