Subject: bug#36477: closed (Closing guix system --target support)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 16:40:02 +0000

Your bug report

#36477: Add Guix System cross-compilation support

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
36477: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=36477
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Closing guix system --target support
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 17:39:23 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I pushed the few remaining bits of the serie to core-updates, which
means that it should be possible to cross compile a guix system on that
branch.

There's still some work to do because some packages (and build-systems)
have broken or no cross-compilation support.

Mathieu

Subject: Add Guix System cross-compilation support
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 17:18:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hey Guix,

I'm currently working on adding --target support to guix system
command. The main obstacle is that cross-compilation is broken on many
packages because of small errors in package definitions (inputs vs
native-inputs).

I created a branch on savannah called "wip-cross-system" to centralize
this work. Feel free to have a look / review some of the patches there!

Thanks,

Mathieu