Subject: [bug#36469] Name of the Singularity/squashfs backend?

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 18:12:43 +0200

Hi!

I’ve pushed these two patches, with an extra comment in the Docker test
as you suggested.

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I think it would be good to separate squashfs-image and singularity
> going forward as we discussed earlier, but for now mixing the two is
> fine.

So I was on the verge of renaming the ‘squashfs’ backend as a first
step, but I wasn’t sure about the name—naming is hard!

I thought about ‘singularity’, but that could be confused with SIF:

  https://github.com/sylabs/sif

Then I thought about ‘singularity-squashfs’: it’s unambiguous but a bit
long.

Another option is the status quo since both ‘--help’ and the manual
mention Singularity.

WDYT?

Ludo’.