Subject: bug#36466: guix pull --delete-generations

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 16:29:25 +0200

Hi,

Raghav Gururajan <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> “guix pull” uses a regular profile at ~/.config/guix/current, so you
>> can
>> do “guix package -p ~/.config/guix/current --delete-generations”
>
> Thanks Ricardo! I am aware of this as someone suggested this on IRC. ☺.
> My concern is that there is "guix system delete-generations" and "guix
> package --delete-generations"; but not "guix pull --delete-
> generations".
>
> Bringing "guix pull --delete-generations" will be straight-forward and
> any user does not have to type profile path everytime they delete
> generations. Will also be intutive for new guix users. ☺

Note that there’s also ‘guix gc --delete-generations’, which is really
what newcomers should be using IMO because it operates on all the user’s
profiles.

That said, I think a patch that adds ‘--delete-generations’ to ‘guix
pull’ would also be welcome.

Thanks,
Ludo’.