Subject: 11.90.2.2017-07-25; xemacs21.4.22 mule, problem with window too small (auctex 11.92)

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 22:08:42 +0200

Hi

I installed a colleague who is running xemacs21.4.22 on Ubuntu 16.04 the
latest auctex version which is compatible with xemacs, namely 11.92.

While everything works fine when using keys (like C-c C-c)
when accessing the latex commands via the menu the following error pops
up 
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Window height 0 too small (after 
splitting)")
   split-window(nil 17)
   mouse-read-file-name-1(file-name-history "Master file (default this 
file): " nil "~/TODO/docencia/prufungen/prueba.tex" nil nil 
read-file-name-internal)
   byte-code("..." [initial-contents must-match default dir prompt 
history mouse-read-file-name-1 completer] 8)
   read-file-name-1(file file-name-history "Master file (default this 
file): " nil "~/TODO/docencia/prufungen/prueba.tex" nil nil 
read-file-name-internal)
   read-file-name("Master file (default this file): " nil nil)
   byte-code("..." [default read-file-name format "Master file (default 
%s): " "this file" nil] 4)
   TeX-master-file-ask()
   TeX-master-file(nil nil t)
   TeX-command-master()
   TeX-command-menu("LaTeX")
   eval((TeX-command-menu "LaTeX"))

Emacs  : XEmacs 21.4 (patch 22) "Instant Classic" [Lucid] 
(x86_64-linux-gnu, Mule) of Sun Dec 27 2015 on lgw01-11
Package: 11.92

current state:
==============
(setq
  AUCTeX-date "2017-12-03"
  window-system 'x
  LaTeX-version "2e"
  TeX-style-path '("/home/mjpons/.xemacs/xemacs-packages/etc/auctex/auto/"
"/home/mjpons/.xemacs/xemacs-packages/etc/auctex/style"
                   "/home/mjpons/.emacs.d/auctex/auto"
                   "/home/mjpons/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto" "style")
  TeX-auto-save t
  TeX-parse-self t
  TeX-master t
  TeX-command-list '(("TeX"
                      "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %(extraopts) 
%`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil
                      (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode) :help
                      "Run plain TeX")
                     ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil
                      (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
                     ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" 
TeX-run-compile nil
                      (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
                     ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t"
                      TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode) :help
                      "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
                     ("AmSTeX" "amstex %(PDFout) %(extraopts) 
%`%S%(mode)%' %t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
                     ("ConTeXt"
                      "%(cntxcom) --once --texutil %(extraopts) 
%(execopts)%t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt 
once")
                     ("ConTeXt Full" "%(cntxcom) %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
                      TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help
                      "Run ConTeXt until completion")
                     ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help
                      "Run BibTeX")
                     ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run 
Biber")
                     ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help
                      "Run Viewer")
                     ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the 
file")
                     ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
                      "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
                     ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t t :help
                      "Generate PostScript file")
                     ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil t 
:help
                      "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
                     ("Dvipdfmx" "dvipdfmx %d" TeX-run-dvipdfmx nil t :help
                      "Convert DVI file to PDF with dvipdfmx")
                     ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil t :help
                      "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
                     ("Glossaries" "makeglossaries %s" TeX-run-command nil t
                      :help "Run makeglossaries to create glossary file")
                     ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-index nil t :help
                      "Run makeindex to create index file")
                     ("upMendex" "upmendex %s" TeX-run-index t t :help
                      "Run upmendex to create index file")
                     ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
                      "Run xindy to create index file")
                     ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode)
                      :help "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
                     ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil 
(latex-mode)
                      :help "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
                     ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" 
TeX-run-function nil
                      t :help "Spell-check the document")
                     ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
                      "Delete generated intermediate files")
                     ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t 
:help
                      "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
                     ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help
                      "Run an arbitrary command")
                     )
  )