Subject: bug#36452: [PATCH] Add tests for bookmark.el

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 13:42:24 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> > The first one, when I evaluate it, makes Emacs segfault.  Not sure why
> > it works when I'm running the tests - I'd guess because Emacs is not
> > trying to display it?  Let me know if you want a backtrace for this
> > crash and/or a separate bug report.
>
> A separate bug report, please.  It didn't crash for me, FWIW.  If the
> crash is in the display code, then yes, it's because evaluating the
> expression will display the resulting string.

OK, I'll submit a separate bug report.

> I think we should keep both, but we should also investigate the crash.

Sounds good.

> Do the tests in this patch depend in some way on the other patches you
> submitted for bookmark.el?  Because if not, I'd like to push this
> right away, as tests cannot possibly break anything (with the other
> patches, I'd like to wait for comments for a few more days).

This patch is fully independent from the others.  It would be great if
it could be installed right away.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas