Subject: bug#36452: [PATCH] Add tests for bookmark.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 09:59:54 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 08:33:22 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > One particular aspect of the bookmarks that I'd like to see tested is
> > non-ASCII bookmark names and annotations.  The code includes some
> > slightly involved logic for determining how to encode the info on
> > disk, so I wonder how well does that work in practice.
> 
> OK.  I added tests for that in the attached patch using strings
> manually copied from HELLO.  It works just fine to save and then load
> bookmarks for the set of languages I chose to include characters from.
> That is, we have the same before bookmark-save as we get after
> bookmark-load.

Thanks.  Please add to that text something that doesn't yield valid
UTF-8 byte sequence.  For example, these two strings:

  (decode-coding-string "\xE3\x32\x9A\x36" 'chinese-gb18030)
  (char-to-string (decode-char 'eight-bit #x81))

(Please include these snippets directly, not their result as a literal
string, to make sure the unusual characters survive intact.)