Subject: bug#36447: 27.0.50; New "Unknown keyword" errors

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 12:20:22 -0400

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> > Hmm - seems so, yes.  I just made bootstrap with the commit
>> > included, and the problem is still gone.  Strange thing, but seems
>> > there is nothing to fix.
>>
>> I'm not sure I agree. Something went wrong somewhere, or we wouldn't
>> have called byte code with what looks like an invalid hash table.
>
> Did you reply to the wrong thread - or - where is a connection to hash
> tables?

The compiler translates repeated `eq' in a cond like that into a hash
and jump.  See byte-compile-cond-use-jump-table.

>> Do you still have the emacs binary that failed?
>
> No.

'make bootstrap' deletes all the old binaries.

> and at the definition of `custom-handle-keyword', I see that keyword ->
> :link must have failed this test:
>
>   (eq keyword :link)
>
> as if there where two interned symbols :link.  Quite strange.

Or the jump table compilation was messed up at some point (e.g.,
Bug#35770, but I think that one was too long ago to explain your more
recent problems).  There are other patches in Bug#36139 which affect
this, but I can't see how any of them could have caused problems which
disappear after bootstrap.