Subject: Re: bug#36447: 27.0.50; New "Unknown keyword" errors

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 17:35:09 +0200

Pip Cet <[email-masked]> writes:

> > Hmm - seems so, yes.  I just made bootstrap with the commit
> > included, and the problem is still gone.  Strange thing, but seems
> > there is nothing to fix.
>
> I'm not sure I agree. Something went wrong somewhere, or we wouldn't
> have called byte code with what looks like an invalid hash table.

Did you reply to the wrong thread - or - where is a connection to hash
tables?

> Do you still have the emacs binary that failed?

No.

BTW, looking at my backtrace again:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Unknown keyword :link")
  signal(error ("Unknown keyword :link"))
  error("Unknown keyword %s" :link)
  custom-handle-keyword(gnus-cite :link (custom-manual "(gnus)Article
Highlighting") custom-group)

and at the definition of `custom-handle-keyword', I see that keyword ->
:link must have failed this test:

  (eq keyword :link)

as if there where two interned symbols :link.  Quite strange.

Michael.