Subject: Re: bug#36447: 27.0.50; New "Unknown keyword" errors

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 19:30:26 +0200

I'm still seeing this...  but not after every recompilation.  If I say
"make bootstrap", then Emacs usually works.  If I then recompile parts,
I sometimes get a non-working Emacs.

For instance, at the moment if I try to eval the following:

(defgroup compilation nil
  "Run compiler as inferior of Emacs, parse error messages."
  :group 'tools
  :group 'processes)

I get:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Unknown keyword :group")
  signal(error ("Unknown keyword :group"))
  error("Unknown keyword %s" :group)
  custom-handle-keyword(compilation :group tools custom-group)
  custom-declare-group(compilation nil "Run compiler as inferior of Emacs, parse error mes..." :group tools :group processes)
  eval-region(1213 1336 t #f(compiled-function (ignore) #<bytecode 0x156a64060ab9>))  ; Reading at buffer position 1247
  elisp--eval-defun()
  eval-defun(nil)
  funcall-interactively(eval-defun nil)
  call-interactively(eval-defun nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-defun)

Perhaps the original change should be reverted until you've figured out
how to fix this completely?  It's very annoying.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no