Subject: [bug#36440] [PATCH] Add FreeCAD

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 19:50:03 +0200

Hi John,

On Sun, 22 Sep 2019 16:00:36 +0000
John Soo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thank you so much!  Whew what a journey.

I'm glad you went through that :-) I also wanted to do it in the first
place but then gave up because it was a bit hard and I had no longer
the priority to do so.

> I did just run the program and it does not look like it is
> functioning the way it should. With the last patchset I submitted, it
> did work properly. I will investigate...

what is not functioning at your side?

I started the program and it works for me (though I'm not yet familiar
with it, so I cannot say how exactly it SHOULD work :-)), otherwise I
wouldn't have pushed it.

What I can see is a red text on the Console:

No module named 'WebGui'

But that's of cause because I commented out the webkit. I still hope
this is more-or-less fine, otherwise we need to turn that on again.

What I noticed is that the binary is called "FreeCAD" and not
"freecad", that confused me first. I think that can be fixed with some
phase, but I couldn't quickly figure that out and I really didn't want
to postpone this any more.

Otherwise the first screen looks quite blank. But that's just a matter
of going through the menus:

View->Workbench->Part, etc. In that way, I was able to construct a
cylinder. Now I can no longer, but I think that's just because I forget
how to do it and I have to go through the tutorial again.

I also saw that Cuirass did not build it for x86 due to a dependency
problem, without saying what exactly went wrong:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1739605/details
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/1739601/details

For non-x86 it is even worse, some tests failed for some dependencies.
 
> Thanks again, it's been a real pleasure working with you.

Same for me.

Björn