Subject: bug#36438: git-fetch issue

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 23:09:43 +0200

Hi, I'm trying to build an old version of kotlin from its git
repository. Unfortunately, there is an issue when checking out the
repository. Here is the log (truncated in the list of branches and
tags):

environment variable `PATH' set to
`/gnu/store/q09sy224qnxrp982z4xfaxi19721mjx8-gzip-1.9/bin:/gnu/store/ipx79bfj2mrc8npj7s3qi3zri11jfhaw-tar-1.30/bin'
Initialized empty Git repository
in /gnu/store/z4mqw5b9vq2ki0rxaix2wsmhmxq14s6a-kotlin-0.4.424-checkout/.git/
error: Server does not allow request for unadvertised object
2f47e30a1a12347759dbb8707f5137178de65696 Failed to do a shallow fetch;
retrying a full fetch... From https://github.com/JetBrains/kotlin
 * [new branch]      1.0.1                       -> origin/1.0.1
 * [new branch]      1.0.1_/br141                -> origin/1.0.1_/br141
 * [new branch]      1.0.1_/br145                -> origin/1.0.1_/br145
...
 * [new tag]                 v1.3.40-eap-32              ->
v1.3.40-eap-32
 * [new tag]                 v1.3.40-eap-67              ->
v1.3.40-eap-67 Note: checking out
'2f47e30a1a12347759dbb8707f5137178de65696'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in
this state without impacting any branches by performing another
checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again.
Example:

  git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD is now at 2f47e30a1a1 Fixed UnsupportedOperationException when a
namespace is used in place of an expression. warning: failed to
delete .git/refs/tags/rc1.0.0-IJ143-5-143.???2072: No such file or
directory warning: failed to
delete .git/refs/tags/1.0.3-eap-13-IJ143-2-143.???2167.???2: No such
file or directory Backtrace: 11 (primitive-load
"/gnu/store/21xc0h6f0c1zngfgza7526w32i0?") In ice-9/eval.scm: 293:34 10
(_ #<directory (guile-user) 5ce140>) In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    829:9  9 (catch _ _ #<procedure 87d360 at ./guix/build/git.scm:?> ?)
In ./guix/build/git.scm:
     76:6  8 (_)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32  7 (loop _ _ #(64768 20746206 16877 7 999 30000 0 4096 # ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  6 (fold #<procedure 8812e0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 (subd?> ?)
In unknown file:
           5 (_ #<procedure 6da7b0 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> #<pr?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   452:32  4 (loop _ _ #(64768 20746213 16877 5 999 30000 0 4096 # ?) ?)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   466:18  3 (fold #<procedure 528f60 at ice-9/ftw.scm:452:38 (subd?> ?)
In unknown file:
           2 (_ #<procedure 6da780 at ice-9/ftw.scm:454:44 ()> #<pr?> ?)
In ice-9/ftw.scm:
   463:35  1 (loop _ _ _ _ _)
In unknown file:
           0 (rmdir ".git/refs/tags")

ERROR: In procedure rmdir:
In procedure rmdir: Directory not empty