Subject: Re: bug#36432: 26.2; SMIE does not request forward tokens when point is at point-max

From: Sam Halliday <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 14:01:52 +0100

On 29/06/2019, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 15:42:27 +0300
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> How would Emacs know this is the case?  Why don't you also override
>> point-max to make it consistent with those illusory characters?
>
> Or actually insert those characters at EOB, but make them invisible?

I think I'd like to avoid doing that unless I do it for all of the
virtual tokens. I don't know how to do that without it impacting the
underlying source code. Is there more documentation about doing it
that way? It'd be a drastic change in how the lexer is written.

BTW I had a look through smie.el and I can't see anywhere obvious
where (eobp) or (point-max) are called that would lead to the bug I'm
seeing. I'll most likely have to step debug at some point to get to
the bottom of this.